Explore more ways to welcome
In following pages we invite you to explore further and dig a bit deeper.
- People with disability make up about 20% of the total population.
- About 1 in every 5 people with disability is from a culturally and linguistically diverse background.
- In Australia, people from CALD backgrounds with disability come from all over the world and have all kinds of disability.
How can one person ever hope to learn and know everything there is to know about cultural diversity and disability, so that everyone can be welcomed and feel included?
This is impossible, but over the next few pages you can give it a go:
- Know more is a page that will give you some basic understanding including: Frameworks of thinking about diversity, human rights, culture and more
- Reach out is a page that gives you some ideas and guidance on how to reach out and connect with people from CALD backgrounds with disability
- Inclusion works for everyone is simply a page that shows some of the research on why inclusive communities are good for everyone.